About Atlantic grupa
Atlantic Grupa is one of the leading food companies in the region with well-known regional brands that, along with a range of external partners, supports its strong distribution system in the markets in the region. Atlantic Grupa products have a significant presence in Russia, the CIS countries and Western Europe, and with the assorted sports nutrition, Atlantic is the leading European company in this segment.
Apply for challenge
Atlantic’s distribution companies compete in difficult markets with relatively low margins. Every increase in supply chain efficiency significantly affects the bottom line. Further on, innovations in customer service allow us to remain the market leader and differentiate among other FMCG distributors of similar profile.
Our business case is the digital transformation of our delivery processes. To achieve this, we are trying to address several challenges:
- External availability of order status information to our customers during order processing
- Complete visibility of order delivery status once goods are loaded to the truck, available both internally and externally, to our customers
- Possibility to complete delivery information (e.g. e-signature for the dispatch note) or initiate customer complaints directly in the field
WHY is this business case important for us?
The expected business benefits are:
- Differentiation in customer service – we aim to provide added value to our customers, innovative solutions like this will enable them to plan their resources more efficiently
HOW can you address the challenge?
The solution should provide two main components, according to challenges specified in Challenge description chapter of this document.
General remark: for the proof-of-concept application, all requested ERP integration features should initially be provided through simple export in some database table.
COMPONENT 1 - ORDER TRACKING
- Orders enter the ERP system from 3 different channels – EDI, mobile sales and manual entry. Once in the ERP system, all orders behave the same
- Once logged in to the portal/mobile app, customers should have access to current order processing status
- Customer can choose to get email alerts when order status changes
- Once order is dispatched from the warehouse (i.e. loaded to the truck) view becomes extended with information from the next component
COMPONENT 2 - DELIVERY STATUS
The main idea is to equip each truck and driver (for external partners) with a tablet application, linked to company’s ERP system, allowing real-time visibility of truck position, delivery status (both to Atlantic and customers) and integration of all in-the-field events back into company’s ERP system
Delivery driver gets a bunch of printed dispatch notes/invoices and delivers goods with those papers to customers
Information from the field is available only by calling the driver – we have no idea where is the truck, which deliveries are made, are there any problems, when is the truck expected at some location (customers call to ask when they will get the goods)
All information is handwritten on papers, which have to be physically returned to the warehouse in order to manually process them in the ERP system
These are some of the potential application features:
- Getting all the data for deliveries from ERP or transport planning system – integration based on sample data should be provided
- Planning today’s route – driver should simply follow the instructions
- Real-time confirmation of delivery – when delivery is made customer can sign the dispatch on a tablet, this signed document can be returned directly to ERP for further processing (no need to wait for signed papers to return from the field)
- Backward integration of all correctional documents into ERP system – any problems with deliveries can be reported in real-time
- Mobile web and app for tracking status and current position of trucks – estimated time of arrival for customers location and truck visibility on the map
- Option for customers to see which truck is delivering their order and what is current status of delivery
- Collecting returns from the customer
- Complete reporting and analysis capabilities
- All solution components should provide browser access with responsive design and a mobile app where necessary (especially for map view of the delivery truck)
- Innovative use of IoT solutions on the trucks will be considered an advantage
- All data gathered from the field should be gathered in a database and combined with other data sources (weather, traffic conditions etc.) to provide advanced analytics based on this big data. The inclusion of analytical model will be considered an advantage.